Your Ad Here

UFC lightweight fighter Roger "El Matador" Huerta will leave the UFC after one more fight to pursue his acting career, according to an interview with Sherdog.com.

"The UFC is my home and it is my family and eventually I'll come back," Huerta told Sherdog.com. "Pursuing the modeling and acting thing, that's kind of where I'm at right now. The fighting will always be there. I'll always have that in me. The truth is I've been fighting my whole life for everything, and this to me, is something else."

Huerta, 25, caught the acting bug while playing a character called "Miguel Caballero Rojo" on the upcoming video game-based live action motion picture "Tekken".

"I saw that you have to dedicate as much as you do to training for a fight as you do for an acting role and I'm intrigued by that," Huerta said. "I'm 25 years old. I see Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture and they didn't really hit their primes till their thirties. I'm only going to be young so long and I know that movies and agencies and what not want the young look."

Huerta has already signed a three-movie development deal with Lionsgate Films.

Huerta (20-2-1) won his UFC debut at UFC 63 in September 2006 and continued to win five more fights before losing to Kenny Florian last August at UFC 87.

According to the article, Huerta recently turned down a new five-fight contract with the UFC and will fulfill his one remaining fight left by December.

0 comments

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Unlimited Wrestling

Unlimited Martial Arts

Shoutbox


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix