Your Ad Here

A superfight between UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar (3-1) and UFC Interim Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir (12-3) will headline UFC 100; perhaps the most anticipated UFC event in the history of the storied MMA organization.

Headlining an event of this magnitude would appear to be quite an honor, but to listen to Lesnar tell it, he'd rather be watching from the front row.

"I'm a little disappointed that it got pushed back," Lesnar said in a recent appearance on HDNet's "Inside MMA". "In my mind, is Frank really hurt, or is he just scared?"

Mir was forced to undergo knee surgery due to an injury sustained in practice, which pushed the highly anticipated unification tilt from UFC 98 to UFC 100.

"(Frank Mir) won a make-believe belt from (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira," said Lesnar. "He is a former champion. But there's no ifs, ands or buts about it, I'm the current champion."

Mir was able to defeat Lesnar in their first fight, after sustaining serious damage via viscous ground-and-pound, before catching the former WWE superstar in a kneebar and forcing him to tap. Lesnar believes he rushed the fight and got caught making a rookie mistake.

"The biggest thing was that you've got 15 minutes," Lesnar said. "As soon as I entered the Octagon, there were a few other key factors that played into why I rushed the fight. But those would be just plain old excuses. I lost the fight fair and square. I had him up against the fence, and believe I was winning the fight. But, I made a rookie mistake and he capitalized on it. I'm looking forward to this upcoming fight with Frank."

As for a prediction, the ever confident Brock Lesnar had this to say:

"I don't think it's going to change much in the second (fight), (but) with a different outcome for sure."

0 comments

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Unlimited Wrestling

Unlimited Martial Arts

Shoutbox


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix