Your Ad Here

Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva has a huge opportunity in front of him after many experts felt that Silva's best days were beyond him after losing three fights in a row. Now he's looking at a showdown with a familiar opponent that could yield one of the biggest opportunities of his career, a chance at the UFC light heavyweight championship.

"I think after I beat Rampage (Quinton Jackson), it may be possible I fight with the champion," Silva told Fighter's Only Magazine.

If the Brazilian mixed martial artist were to win and Forrest Griffin got past Rashad Evans, it could setup a fight between sparring partners. When asked how he would deal with that possibility, Silva responded, "I am a professional and he is a professional. I like him, he is a very nice guy. Outside the Octagon, I am his friend, but inside the Octagon it is a business, a job."

The good thing is that we will not have to wait long to see if Silva would get a crack at Griffin as both fighters will be on the same card on December 27 at UFC 92.

0 comments

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Unlimited Wrestling

Unlimited Martial Arts

Shoutbox


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix