Your Ad Here

Chris "The Dragon" John outpointed Japanese challenger Hiroyuki Enoki to successfully defend his WBA featherweight title for the 10th time in a mandatory fight at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan on Friday. By defending his title for the 10th time in a row, Chris John become a Super Champion.

The Indonesian boxer took control from the outset and won a unanimous decision in the 12-round fight by scores of 118-110, 118-110 and 117-111. This was Enoki's first shot at a world title.

"Enoki was a tough customer but I felt I had him after about five rounds," Chris John told the reporters. "I was in total control of the fight and the judges agreed."

Enoki, who lost for the first time in his 30 professional bouts, paid tribute to the champion.

"He's a great champion," said Enoki. "He's strong but he's very cool too. He made me look bad but I gave it my best shot."

Chris John improved his record to 42-0 with one draw. Enoki dropped to 27-1 with two draws.

0 comments

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Unlimited Wrestling

Unlimited Martial Arts

Shoutbox


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix