Your Ad Here

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua recently followed his brother Murilo "Ninja" Rua by leaving Chute Boxe. Shogun recently sat down with MMARingReport.com to discuss a variety of topics including his decision to leave the famed Brazilian camp, the status of his knee and his thoughts on Liddell-Silva.

Shogun On Why He Left Chute Boxe:

My brother left the team last week and there is no way I remain in a team my brother does not belong. I owe him my career. It is because of him I became a professional fighter. He brought fighting to my family. My idea is to stay in Brazil, in Curitiba. So far I don't want to move to US and I am trying to convince Murilo to stay too. I'd like to open a gym in Curitiba maybe this January. I've been searching for places and growing the idea stronger. But after that I have to focus on UFC. I fight again in March and I need to train harder and harder for my next fight.

Shogun On His Knee Injury:

My knee is good. I am recovered and training already. Every morning I run few miles and I am ready to return. Shogun On Whether The Knee Affected His Performances Against Forrest Griffin Or Not: I know what I've done wrong against Griffin. And I cannot blame any hurt for my mistakes. I have the total responsibility for my acts and bad results. Right know I just want to look to the future and thank all my friends and fans who supported me in those bad days. I know I will be back better than ever. I lost the first battle but I will win this war for the belt! Shogun On Liddell-Silva: I am rooting for Silva even more because he is a true friend. Nowadays every fighter is in the same technique level. But I do believe Wanderlei will defeat Liddell. He just needs to pay attention to his counter-attacks. It's Liddell's game… he spins and throws punches. On the other hand Wanderlei likes to show they audience why they paid for their tickets. He gives it all. He has more stamina, more heart and he is way better than Liddell when the subject is exchanging punches. I believe Wanderlei may win this fight by knock-out. (mmafightline.com)

0 comments

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Unlimited Wrestling

Unlimited Martial Arts

Shoutbox


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix